Tuesday 18 August 2009

$4 180 Night

Having a night in tonight. I was going to go to the gym but then....no. I will try to do my best to exercise on my 5 minute breaks which Pokerstars have now synchronised, an excellent move in my opinion. It benefits the player that are multi-tabling who can now recieve a real break; no longer do they have to sit out to grab a bite to eat or to clear their head. Pokerstars shoud feel the benefit as well; players who get a break will be more likely to browse the upcoming tournaments at the hour mark. Even through the economic downturn and the slight drop in mainstream enthusiasm toward poker, Pokerstars keeps looking for ways to stay ahead in the market. Although, I must admit, I have almost no idea what any other sites are doing.

So, here I am, alone at home for an evening. It's not yet payday so I can't wine and dine the WSIBGF* tonight at Pizza Hut or any of the myriad other fine dining establishments we frequent. Online poker awaits! I don't consider myself exclusively an online or live player. I began playing live on the fun but incredibly donkish pub poker circuit, which lead to the addictive world of online poker. I started online by playing at William Hill due to the negligent guidance of my longtime friend and Midlands Pub poker leg end Mr Andrew Docherty. After about a year I turned to Pokerstars. I was a solid losing player online for almost all of 2006 and 2007; but as I was putting in minimal hours and playing nothing bigger than $10 tourneys I was fine. I've been a decent winner in tournaments online since early 2008.

RANDOM INSERTED FUNNY HAND

Home game. 1 table tourney. Yes, that's right. It's the big game. I raise 3x UTG on a 5 handed table with 66. I have about 30 big blinds. A player who will not be named (David Tomlinson) re-raises all-in. He has me covered. I mutter to myself. Decide mentally to muck. Turn to Peter Paul Hansen, sitting to my right and sigh, "6 6." Unamed player (David Tomlinson) mistakes this sigh of a man who will certainly be folding to be, "Peter Paul, I think David has 6 6". Armed with this information, he decided to turn one of his hole cards over, and can you believe it folks, it's the 6 of clubs! Rescued by the kindly hands of stupidity I turn to Peter Paul and blurt out, "whatthehellcanicallwhat'shedoingwhat'sgoingon?". This is followed by the words, "I call." David flips up 67 offsuit and the poker gods give me the 89 board but perhaps, cost the story the ultimate ending by not producing the poker punchline with the 10, 5 or 7.

$4 180s, not quite live updates

I am 1 hour into the evening and have busted out of around 6-8 $4.40s so far, I'm multi-tabling 4 at a time and entering a new one whenever I get bust out of one. I'm in for about $40-50 so far. I have decided that I'm not going to start up any new ones for the time being, will stay with the current 4 and relax and reassess. Wait, wait....there goes another one! So now I am running 3 tourneys at 4/151 (4,300); 14/102 (4,500) and 103/173 (1460). More later.

New update: I am a donk. This is about the worst shift I have ever put in. Mindless plays and insane calls. Busted out of all of them. Now I will bathe, eat and read. I will come back in an hour and a half refreshed and ready and will enter 4 more then call it quits.

*wonderful sexy intelligent beautiful

1 comment:

  1. The existence of search engines requires the use of nicknames. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete